Invest in up-skilling your team
Our ethos is on teaching the ‘why’ so participants can understand the relevance of the ‘how’.
Professional Development is important for your staff, and at The Marketing Division our training is hands on and interactive so everyone gets the most out of it. You can rest assured that your business training and learning experience is qualified, skilled and confidential.
Our Professional Development short courses are suitable for all businesses sectors and are a great way for your team to stay ahead within your industry and and learn important new skills in sales and marketing.
We work with businesses on all levels with a range of staff and management and can provide individual or team training. Additionally we can work through a consulting process alongside these sessions if required.
Through our experience, we can offer practical training and draw on real case studies, examples and first hand experience to assist the training process and ensure that you are getting the best understanding of how the marketing principles apply to your own business.
Key areas of Expertise – Sales
- Maximising sales conversion: We examine the ratio of enquiries and turning quotes into sales to ensure that you are optimising your sales processes
- Setting and reaching sales targets: Learn the smart way to set sales goals to help achieve individual, sales team and business objectives
- Increasing your sales margins: Applying the principles of the marketing mix, make sure that your pricing is strategically set
- Developing sales strategies: Find out how to create strategic sales campaigns by thinking outside the box without costing you a fortune
- Building new relationships: Customer/client relationships are the difference between building loyal, frequent and happy customers and having them leave you for someone else – remember it costs more to gain than maintain
- Expanding your sales productivity: How to get the most out of yourself, your team, your time and your money
- Time Management: What’s urgent? What’s important? We’ll help you decide.
- Goal Setting: Manage your business and personal goals to achieve a healthy balance
- Knowing your Unique Sales Proposition: Why should customers choose you above your competitors?
- The Psychology of Sales: There is a lot more to sales than meets the eye! Big companies get it ….. so let us let you in on it
- Understanding the Sales Process: If you understand more about this process for your variety of customers, you will have a better chance of them buying from you
- Why marketing research is important: Knowing the facts is far more important than thinking you do
- Effective Sales Techniques: Find out how to get the edge over your competitors
- Questioning Techniques: Learn what types of questions are useful and what are time wasters
- Reading Body Language: In face to face sales situation (including retail) it is useful to know when you are on a winner or when you are not meeting your customer’s expectations
- Closing the sale: There are ways to close a sale successfully and feel comfortable about it, find out what will work best for you and your sales team
- Establishing good business relationships: Build and maintain relationships that will keep business in the pipeline
- B2B and B2C sales strategies: Do you sell directly to the consumer? Other businesses? Or both? Different buyers react differently to the sales process, so make that sure you are managing all groups as they should be
- Up selling and Cross selling: Learning the art of this is not only servicing your customers better, but making a big difference to your bottom line. Is your business capitalising?
- Elevator pitches: Learn how to clearly and concisely explain to other people what you do and about your business at networking and sales events …… and keep them interested
- Presentation Skills: These sales skills are crucial, from one on one sales situations through to presenting in front of an audience. We will show you the most effective ways …. and help you through the nerves!
- Key Performance Indicators: We will work with you and your team to set effective KPI’s to help you manage your Sales Team’s performance
- Appointment Setting: Just making an appointment can be half the battle! Let’s also discover “What’s in it for them?” and fill up your diary
Overview of Expertise – Marketing Training
- Marketing trends and developments: In one of the fastest moving areas of business – understand what’s hot and what’s not
- Essential marketing for all businesses: If you think creative marketing campaigns are just for big businesses with big pockets then think again!
- Digital marketing: Examine your digital campaigns, website and e-commerce strategy
- Website marketing: Effective content and communication
- Social Media marketing: Where it fits into your business
- Recognising your marketing opportunities: Let us help you identify new and innovative marketing opportunities to increase sales and maximise your return on investment
- Understanding the marketing mix: We examine the principles of the marketing mix and apply them to your business model
- Reaching your target market: B2B, B2C or both; understanding your customers and what they want
- Importance of brand: Examine your brand and value proposition
- How to manage a marketing budget: Many businesses work on a reactive or limited marketing budget, so learn to make the most of your resources
- Difference between marketing and advertising: We examine the range of marketing promotions and find out where everything fits in
- How to develop a powerful database: Making the most of the information that you already have
- What marketing works best for you and your customers: Find the right balance between traditional and non-traditional forms of marketing
- Marketing in tough times: Open your mind before you open your wallet
- Marketing on a budget: Marketing on a shoestring
- Develop a strategic marketing plan: Planning is the key to success – if you don’t have a plan in place, now is the time
- The relationship between marketing and sales: We look at how sales and marketing processes have changed with digital technology and and why that effects your business in today’s business environment
- How technology has changed marketing: We look at how new digital technologies have changed marketing and and how it effects your business in today’s business environment
- Designing effective marketing materials: Promotional collateral with an edge
- Creative advertising campaigns: Getting your key messages across creatively
Professional training delivery
Our sales training is developed by Sandra O’Neill, Director of The Marketing Division, who has been in Marketing and Sales for over 25 years. Sandra is a Certified Practising Marketer as benchmarked through the Australian Marketing Institute and is a qualified Certified Trainer and Assessor, which means that the delivery is professional and relevant. The training is hands on and interactive and it involves all participants so everyone gets the most out of it. You can rest assured that your business training and learning experience is qualified, skilled and confidential.
Nationally Recognised Qualfications
If you want to provide your staff a career path with formal qualifications we offer these courses in marketing, business or management:
Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication
Diploma of Marketing and Communication
Advanced Diploma of Marketing and Communication
Diploma of Business
Advanced Diploma of Business
Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Find out more about how we can assist with your professional development needs by contacting us here or call us on 1800 28 60 68.
Some of our clients include: