Retail Sales Training
Retail is changing before our eyes and marketing can only go so far if conversion to revenue is undervalued. A campaign to drive traffic is a missed opportunity if a transaction is neglected at the point of sale.
Today’s market has become so highly competitive due to the increase of on-line shopping, so retailers need to maximise opportunities whilst creating an excellent customer experience while they’re in store. Buzz is around the ‘game changers’ in retail, so learn how you can integrate this into your offering.
This training is developed solely for retail staff to understand the fundamental nature of their role and the true function of suitable sales techniques to capitilise on overall business success. It is tailored to improve both professional & personal development in achieving retail sales targets and provide greater levels of service.
Upon further scope of your industry and individual team requirements training can be tailored for your teams professional development requirements, working with all levels of staff experience.
Key Learning outcomes (these are recommended topics and may be customised as required)
- How to capitalise on the game changing trends in retail
- Creating a positive customer experience
- Communicating effectively with your customers
- Importance of brand and market positioning
- Initiating a customer needs analysis
- Dealing with your consumer demographic (B2C)
- Questioning techniques in a retail environment
- Meeting customers’ requirements to exceed expectations
- Finding the balance between feeling ‘uncomfortable’ and assisting customers
- Understanding true benefits of your product and services
- Managing objections and closing retail sales
- Up-selling and cross-selling
- Achieving customer loyalty
Other training course topics include:
- Account Management & BDM
- Sales management
- Contact / Call Centre
- Customer service & sales
- Small business & new business
- Developing a strategic sales plan
- Enhancing customer experience
- Converting marketing to revenue
- Starting a career in sales
- Develop a marketing plan
- Digital marketing pricinples
- Content and Communication
- Not for Profit sales and marketing strategy
- Combining sales and marketing principles
- Franchisees – Business development & sales skills
Expertise Overview – Sales Training
- Maximising sales conversion: We examine the ratio of enquiries and quote conversion into revenue value, to ensure that you are optimising your sales processes
- Setting and reaching sales targets:Learn the smart way to set goals to help achieve individual, team and business objectives
- Increasing your sales margins:Applying key principles, make sure that your pricing is strategically set and communicated
- Developing sales strategies:Find out how to create strategic sales campaigns by thinking outside the square without costing resources
- Building customer relationships: Customer/client relationships are the difference between building loyal, frequent and happy customers – remember it costs more to gain than maintain
- Expanding your sales productivity: How to get the most out of yourself, your team, your time and your money
- Time management: What’s urgent? What’s important? We’ll help you decide and plan
- Goal setting: Managing your business and personal goals to achieve a healthy balance
- Understanding your Unique Sales Proposition: Why should customers choose you above your competitors?
- The psychology of the sales process: If you understand more about this process for your range of customers, you will have a better opportunity to provide a positive customer experience
- Why market research is important: Knowing the facts is far more important than thinking you do
- Effective sales techniques: Find out how to stay ahead of your competitors in this changing business environment
- Questioning methods: Learn what types of questions are useful – this will provide a better service to your customers
- Reading body language and listening to consumer’s signals: In face to face sales situation and verbal conversations, it is useful to know when you are meeting your customer’s expectations
- Closing the sale: Learnto close a sale successfully to provide a great customer experience
- Establishing good business relationships: Build and maintain professional relationships that will keep business in the pipeline
- B2B and B2C sales strategies: Do you sell directly to the consumer? Other businesses? Or both? Different buying behaviours react differently to the sales process, so make that sure you are managing all groups well
- Up-selling and Cross-selling: Learn how to positively service your customers and make a positive difference to your bottom line
- Presentation skills: These sales skills are crucial, from one on one sales situations through to presenting in front of an audience. We will teach you the most effective ways …. to help you through the nerves!
- Key Performance Indicators: Set effective KPI’s to help you manage your Sales Team’s performance
- Appointment setting: Just making an appointment can be half the battle!
Professional training delivery
Our sales training is developed by Sandra O’Neill, Director of The Marketing Division, who has been in Marketing and Sales for over 25 years. Sandra is a Certified Practising Marketer as benchmarked through the Australian Marketing Institute and is a qualified Certified Trainer and Assessor, which means that the delivery is professional and relevant. The training is hands on and interactive and it involves all participants so everyone gets the most out of it. You can rest assured that your business training and learning experience is qualified, skilled and confidential.
Ethos is on teaching the ‘why’ so participants can understand the relevance of the ‘how’.
Located in Queensland, we also have training facilities available in Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Cairns, Adelaide, Perth or New Zealand.
Training can be delivered at your premises or at any of these modern training venues.
Training or workshop style short sessions are also available at conferences, seminars or sales meetings.
What’s included during training:
- Full Presentation Training Notes for each participant
- Certificate of Attendance for each participant
- Relevant Workbooks ‘How To’ Guides
To discuss in person how we can help your business please call us on 1800 286 068 or contact us
Some of our clients include: