Marketing for Small Business (SME)
Learn to Fish where the Fish are……
In small business it is hard to be the jack of all trades and marketing has become more complicated that ever. It can be difficult to keep up with marketing trends and demands on limited resources associated with small business; so this aims to equip small to medium enterprises insight on ‘tricks of the trade’.
We incorporate digital, web, social and traditional methods. Uncover the methodology behind successful campaigns and understand how they can be adapted to your business now.
Through our day to day involvement in the marketing field, our expertise is at the forefront with industry insight into cutting edge developments. Technology is moving quickly and so is the way in which consumers receive information, so marketing is a highly challenging and evolving area of any organisation, and small businesses are no exception. Training can be one on one to suit individuals or small groups.
Key Learning outcomes (these are recommended topics and may be customised as required)
- Must know principles of marketing
- Capitilise on digital & social media marketing
- Is your website serving its purpose?
- Find out what your customers really want
- Effectively reach your target audience
- Create dynamic marketing campaigns
- Successfully promote value proposition & brand
- Create big marketing ideas with small business resources
Other training course topics include:
- Marketing management
- Digital, website & social media strategy
- Developing a strategic marketing plan
- Marketing in a new business start up
- Combining sales and marketing principles
- Enhancing customer experience
- Converting marketing to revenue
- Starting a career in marketing
Overview of Expertise – Marketing Training
- Marketing trends and developments: In one of the fastest moving areas of business – understand what’s hot and what’s not
- Essential marketing for all businesses: If you think creative marketing campaigns are just for big businesses with big pockets then think again!
- Digital marketing: Examine your digital campaigns, website and e-commerce strategy
- Website marketing: Effective content and communication
- Social Media marketing: Where it fits into your business
- Recognising your marketing opportunities: Let us help you identify new and innovative marketing opportunities to increase sales and maximise your return on investment
- Understanding the marketing mix: We examine the principles of the marketing mix and apply them to your business model
- Reaching your target market: B2B, B2C or both; understanding your customers and what they want
- Importance of brand: Examine your brand and value proposition
- How to manage a marketing budget: Many businesses work on a reactive or limited marketing budget, so learn to make the most of your resources
- Difference between marketing and advertising: We examine the range of marketing promotions and find out where everything fits in
- How to develop a powerful database: Making the most of the information that you already have
- What marketing works best for you and your customers: Find the right balance between traditional and non-traditional forms of marketing
- Marketing in tough times: Open your mind before you open your wallet
- Marketing on a budget: Marketing on a shoestring
- Develop a strategic marketing plan: Planning is the key to success – if you don’t have a plan in place, now is the time
- The relationship between marketing and sales: We look at how sales and marketing processes have changed with digital technology and and why that effects your business in today’s business environment
- How technology has changed marketing: We look at how new digital technologies have changed marketing and and how it effects your business in today’s business environment
- Designing effective marketing materials: Promotional collateral with an edge
- Creative advertising campaigns: Getting your key messages across creatively
Professional training delivery
Our sales training is developed by Sandra O’Neill, Director of The Marketing Division, who has been in Marketing and Sales for over 25 years. Sandra is a Certified Practising Marketer as benchmarked through the Australian Marketing Institute and is a qualified Certified Trainer and Assessor, which means that the delivery is professional and relevant. The training is hands on and interactive and it involves all participants so everyone gets the most out of it. You can rest assured that your business training and learning experience is qualified, skilled and confidential.
Ethos is on teaching the ‘why’ so participants can understand the relevance of the ‘how’.
Located in Queensland, we also have training facilities available in Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Cairns, Adelaide, Perth or New Zealand.
Training can be delivered at your premises or at any of these modern training venues.
Training or workshop style short sessions are also available at conferences, seminars or sales meetings.
What’s included during training:
- Full Presentation Training Notes for each participant
- Certificate of Attendance for each participant
- Relevant Workbooks ‘How To’ Guides
To discuss in person how we can help your business please call us on 1800 286 068 or contact us
Some of our clients include: